7 Tips to Prepare for Natural Disasters
1. Get all staff involved and educated. Natural disasters can happen at any time, any where.
2. Facility Evaluation: Do you have an emergency evacuation plan?
3. Invite your local Fire Department to evaluate the surroundings. They like to be involved.
4. Hold mock fire drills, evacuation drills and measure responsiveness.
5. Assess and discuss what went right with the mock drills and what needs improving.
6. Hold fire extinguisher training. Learn where your exits are. When it's dark, smokey and exits are blocked, would you know what to do?
7. Invest in people - buy a defibrillator, pay for first aid and CPR training. Time means everything in an emergency.
Tip #2. Emergency Evacuation Plan
Tip #2. Fire Escape Ladder (part of plan)
Tip #6. Lighted exit signs
Tip #7. Defibrilator